LifeAct provides suicide prevention education for youth in grades 5 through 12. Students who participate in our programs gain positive, health promoting behaviors:
- Know the signs of depression and suicidal ideation
- Understand feelings of stress and identify stressors
- Identify a trusted adult that they can turn to in times of need
- Learn national and community mental health resources
- Know how to talk about mental health as a part of overall health
Students learn how to normalize stress and depression and empathize with those who may have thoughts of suicide. By knowing how to identify stress and depression within themselves, they will build the essential skills needed to avoid risky behaviors and identify protective factors in their lives.
LifeAct programs are aligned with the Ohio Department of Education Social Emotional Learning Standards and the National Health Education Standards.